Home | News | Download | Packages | Forum | Wiki | Github

(kny) #1

For the first after a long time, I had to reboot my computer.
Now, when I want to launch supercollider, the software crashes.

The first time, I got this message:
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-kny'
*** Error in '/usr/bin/sclang': free(): invalid pointer: 0x000055e07d536f00 ***
The second time:
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-kny'
*** Error in 'scide': munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x000055fa51b3b0c0 ***

Any idea ?

It is a really important software for my work, so it is a bit embarassing :slight_smile:

It tried to remove the package and reinstall it, but it changes anything.
Same errors…

How do you run the application?
Which command do you run?

(kny) #3

the command is:
I use dmenu as launcher.
Because nothing worked after a reboot (I had a huge uptime), I tried in a term to get more infos.
(the error messages)

(oliver) #4

Are you doing partial upgrades? I.E. add a pkg with -Su… then wait a few weeks… then add another

There’s a ticket for this: https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/issues/12328

Most likely an ABI issue.

(kny) #6

Thanks @mvf , for a moment I thought I messed somewhere :slight_smile:
I hope it will be resolved soon. Just have to wait.
I opened an issue ticket on the supercollider github.

(kny) #7

Hi @mvf,

in the ticket in the supercollider github, you said that the issue could be resolved.
But I didn’t understand how.
Can you explain me ?

Sure @kny . Basically, the issue is not in their code but in the way it is compiled and/or linked on the Void side. The resulting Supercollider programs call into the C++ runtime library in an incompatible manner, causing the crashes. I did some digging around and here’s what I found so far:

• Version 3.8.0 (the version previously in the Void repos and the one you likely upgraded from) has the same issue when built in the current environment
  • Version 3.9.1 built for x86_64-musl starts up fine

If you urgently need this software and don’t mind a bit of tinkering, the x86_64-musl version can be started from a chroot. It’s basically the opposite of what https://wiki.voidlinux.eu/Musl describes in the “glibc chroot” section. I’d be happy to assist if you want to try this.