Home | News | Download | Packages | Forum | Wiki | Github

[Offical] Desktop Screenshot Thread

(Rolf) #21

bspwm & lemonbar

Open programs are zathura, mumble, weechat, ranger and dunst.

I like the idea of wmutils, but it ended up being way too much work, and bspwm already does everything I want.

(deepdark) #22

New to the Void and enjoying my new install. Cwm, uxterm, byobu, mpv, cmatrix, tty-clock in foreground, roxterm with elinks in the back. Still configurating.

Oh, yeah, what about this weirdo backward upload popup, which also strangely affects geany. (Oh yeh, also, that shot is in openbox but occurs in every wm I have tested so far.) How the heck do I reverse that? Puzzled.

My first void setup

(Thorsten Johannvorderbrüggen) #24

Quite simple one with xfce and some daily stuff:

(Greg Fitzgerald) #26

@sshdw Is that lemonbar? I really gotta give that a shot, it looks so nice.

(John Levine) #27

utter shit [wmutils]

wm scripts: https://github.com/arcetera/wmrc

dots: https://github.com/arcetera/dotfiles

(seth) #28

do you have multiple workspaces?

@gregf yes it’s lemonbar http://sprunge.us/bciW here’s my current config for lemonbar

Full size

(seth) #30

i’ve started working on a wmutils + swm setup, it’s going to be different than what i’m used to but i am looking forward to seeing if it works for me. i’m using the tile.sh and groups.sh scripts from /contrib as well.

(Frankie Wilde) #31

Trying out the tiling mode of XFCE 4.12 and I have to admit it’s quite good with those hot edges.

(Christian Solje) #32

@gregf that is an awesome setup I would love to have a peak of your config files

(seth) #33

spent a good number of hours messing with wmutils, it’s cool but it’s not worth the time it takes to set things up.
i’ve been wanting to try bspwm for a while so i switched to that and i like it quite a bit so far.

(ananteris) #34

just another dwm user

(Christian Solje) #35

Hey sth how did you get your urxvt to look like that, because I am having problems getting my terminal to look like that

(Jakub Skrzypnik) #36

What do you mean exactly?

(seth) #37

it’s a combination of .Xresources, font choice and compton settings.
Font is Source Code Pro. You can get it from google fonts, github or install the google-fonts-ttf package from the repos if you want a million other crappy fonts (and a few nice ones).

relevant .Xresources:

URxvt.depth: 32
URxvt.background:   [90]#FFFFFF
URxvt.foreground:   #000000
URxvt.scrollBar: false
URxvt*letterSpace: -.75
URxvt*iso14755: False
URxvt.font: xft:Source Code Pro Semibold:pixelsize=12
URxvt.internalBorder: 8
Xft.dpi: 96
Xft.antialias: true
Xft.rgba: rgb
Xft.hinting: true
Xft.hinstyle: hintslight

compton settings (i don’t use a conf file so this line goes in my .xinitrc):
compton -bcz -r 2 -l -2 -t -2 -o .4 --blur-background-fixed --xinerama-shadow-crop &

(Christian Solje) #38

Thank you for the help

duncan@tux:5$ xq -Rs sourcecode
[*] font-sourcecodepro-1.017R_1 Monospaced font family for user interface and coding environments

New void install; second effort with this distro for me - give it a serious effort this time around.

i3 wm -