Home | News | Download | Packages | Forum | Wiki | Github

Issue with ./xbps-src

I am trying to update the milkytracker package to it’s newest version, 1.0.0. I have followed every step needed to build anything that I may need. Then I proceed to modify the template, just the version, two changes in the hostdependencies and the download link. Everything seems fine. Update the checksum and the do the build.

Repos update, dependencies get downloaded, milkytracker too… And then it fails with the following error:
=> ERROR: milkytracker-1.0.0_1: cannot access wrksrc directory [/builddir/milkytracker-1.0.0].
It only happens with my modified package, not with any other, what have I done wrong? As it is stated in the github page, builddir is in masterdir/builddir to which I have access, and where the other packages have done their builds successfully. What may cause this error? Help is greatly appreciated!

Another question, how do you correctly use xgensum? I though it automatically updated the checksum in your template without you being required to copy-paste it, is there something I am missing. Yes, xgensum spits the template with the checksum in it at the end, however, redirecting it does not work. Am I missing something?

Here is my template:

# template file for 'milkytracker'
configure_args="--with-alsa --with-jack"
makedepends="sdl2-devel zlib-devel jack-devel alsa-lib-devel rtmidi-devel"
short_desc="fast tracker ii inspired music tracker"
maintainer="bra1nwave <brainwave@openmailbox.org>"

do_build() {
        make cxxflags="$cxxflags -ljack -lasound"

post_install() {
        vinstall resources/milkytracker.desktop 644 usr/share/applications
        vinstall resources/pictures/carton.png 644 usr/share/pixmaps/ milkytracker.png
        vdoc docs/milkytracker.html
        vdoc docs/faq.html
        vdoc docs/changelog.html
        vdoc docs/readme_unix readme
        vdoc docs/titan.nfo

Have a look at the source-archive itself: it’s spelled MilkyTracker. So either adjust pkgname or use wrksrc="MilkyTracker-${version}".

Thank you @bluemoon!

Another question just if someone has ever compiled a GTK+3 program. I am now trying to build mednaffea GUI for mednafen. I builds correctly, but when it comes to using it, it spits tons of warnings, all the same:

(mednaffe:25926): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find signal handler 'close_prefs'.  Did you compile with -rdynamic?

(mednaffe:25926): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find signal handler 'on_rbhide_activate'.  Did you compile with -rdynamic?

(mednaffe:25926): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find signal handler 'on_rbminimize_activate'.  Did you compile with -rdynamic?

(mednaffe:25926): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find signal handler 'on_rbnothing_activate'.  Did you compile with -rdynamic?

(mednaffe:25926): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find signal handler 'on_showtooltips_toggled'.  Did you compile with -rdynamic?

(mednaffe:25926): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find signal handler 'cancel_prefs'.  Did you compile with -rdynamic?

The thing is, I have tried passing the -rdynamic flag to LD/CFLAGS without much success… How can it be activated? I wouldn’t mind these warnings… Yet I would still like to know. Thanks!

Here is the template:

# Template file for 'mednaffe'
hostmakedepends="gtk+3-devel pkg-config"
depends="mednafen gtk+3"
short_desc="GUI Front-end for the Mednafen emulator"

do_build () {
        make CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -fPIC -rdynamic" LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -export-dynamic"

EDIT 2: it seems it is getting compiled correctly, but gtk keeps yelling for no reason. However, I noticed a bug, a big one, mednaffe is unable to open windows of any kinds, not for the preferences not to look for roms… I will try to dig deeper